The lack of access to credit and financial exclusion can be a serious obstacle to business creation in many European regions. Microfinancing of SMEs and support to social entrepreneurship is an already tested and proven tool which can contribute to a high level of quality and sustainable employment, reducing disparities and poverty; and thus contributing to the realization of the « Inclusive growth » priority of the Europe 2020 strategy.
There is a wide variety of microfinance programs across Europe, however, there are significant differences in how these microfinance initiatives reach their target groups. Therefore, the “ATM for SMEs” project is aiming at improving the access to microfinance in the participating regions by sharing and exchanging the local knowledge on innovative solutions.
The 9 regional partners will prepare 9 action plans in order to integrate and deploy good practices learnt from interregional cooperation within the identified regional or national policies.
The partners are:
- Fejér Enterprise Agency (Hungary)
- Ministry for National Economy Deputy State Scretariat Responsible for Implementing Economin Development Programs (Hungary)
- European Business and Innovation Centre of Burgos (Spain)
- KIZ SINNOVA company for social innovation gGmbH (Germany)
- Zala Country Foundation for Enterprise Promotion (Hungary)
- Autonomous Region of Sardinia (Italy)
- PORA Regional Development Agency of Podravina and Prigorje for Promotion of Delevopment Activities in Koprivnica Krizevci County (Croatia)
- Microfinance Norway (Norway)
- Marshal Office of Swietokrzyskie Region (Poland)
- European Microfinance Network (Belgium) (advisory partner)