In compliance with the forecasts and objectives set, last Thursday, October 19th, the Third Meeting of Young Entrepreneurs in Burgos took place under the motto "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE".
This event was organized by the CEEI Burgos, within the framework of the European Project "ATM for SMEs". More than 170 young people were interested in the world of entrepreneurship because they went to "La Estación" (former railway station of Burgos), where the event took place.
Moments prior to the event, during the arrival of the attendees; these, could enjoy a showroom in the hall of the building where several young entrepreneurs of the capital had the opportunity to show the work of their companies and the products they offer. Among these companies we could find: one dedicated to the study and work with drones, another one that works in the commercialization of ideas (La Fábrica de Inventos), one dedicated to the sale of diverse types of bicycles (bicicool) or finally one dedicated to the sale of urban clothing design (Sefinhe).
Around 6p.m. the event began in one of the spaces of the building enabled for the occasion by the hand of José Vicente Orden (director of CEEI); who after welcoming the attendees presented the facilities offered by the CEEI to the entrepreneurs.
Then intervened, Aitor Francesena "Gallo". For about an hour, Aitor recounted a summary of his personal life since he was a very young boy dedicated to the world of skateboarding and specially to surfing in various competitions. It was this great hobby that led him to become interested in making surfboards as he was telling us, even creating his own workshop where he experimented with the most optimal fabrication. In addition, as he showed us later, this passion led him to be one of the founders of the country's first surf school and become coach of elite surfers like Aritz Aranburu or Eneko Acero. Currently, despite losing his vision, he continues surfing, working on what he has been passionate about for a couple of years, author of books such as "Las Olas Contadas". In this way he showed us a clear example of personal and business success.
Subsequently, a roundtable took place where local entrepreneurs presented their business cases, work of the company or products and services they offer. Among the entrepreneurs, we counted on:
- Miguel Martínez from Blacknosaur, an audiovisual, content creation and marketing agency.
- Samuel Heras from Sefinhe, a brand of clothing and urban accessories.
- Roberto Villuela from In4apps, company dedicated to the development of mobile applications, wearables, web, ...
- David Martínez from The invention factory, dedicated to the development, protection and marketing of ideas.
In this way, attendees had the opportunity to be directly interested in questions to entrepreneurs on specific issues such as difficulties encountered in starting up companies, supports or existing aids, positive points to lead to out your business ideas, etc.
In addition to this fantastic day, some days before the event was also held in "La Estación" the II Venture Academy where training workshops were developed of a practical nature that addressed topics of interest to entrepreneurs:
- Monday 16: Develop a business idea in 60 '. In charge of Juan Carlos Martínez, head of International Projects of CEEI Burgos
- Tuesday 17: My hobby - My Work In charge of the founders of the local company Sergare
- Wednesday 18: Show me the money! New sources of funding for your business project. In charge of Javier Sardiñas, economic financier responsible of CEEI Burgos